Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Tommy the Caddy

At about 7:15am two caddies walked out of the Caddy Shack. The first was Casey, he was assigned to Rich and Alec. He is the #2 ranked caddy at Pebble Beach and has won a number of amateur tournaments including the California Amateur. Our caddy was Tommy – the #3 ranked caddy at the course. He has been at Pebble for 25 years and knows everything about the course, the layout, the homes surrounding and the history of this golf mecca. We got along great from the start.


It is cart path only at Pebble which was fine with me. I don’t like walking while I golf and I didn’t want Tommy to lug around my cart bag along with Joe’s. Besides, it would be just like the pro’s did it, walking up the fairways with putter in hand (as Tommy pulled the cart around to the green).

No comments: