Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Tuesday morning - pre round

I had everything laid out from the night before. Even though I had enough clothing, I decided on the same pair of pants and the long sleeved polo with the red jacket. Also put on the new Spanish Bay vest as the forecast was for cold winds and a chance of showers. Hotel staff was great, I just put everything on the bed, they came later to check me out and put my bags in storage.

Joe and I were playing partners the morning of Pebble. He had a car, so it was a quick trip to Pebble from the resort. We arrived at 6:30am in pitch darkness - we had the 7:20 tee time – the third of the day. We had breakfast at the Gallery CafĂ©. I went with the fairway breakfast. I definitely wanted a full stomach for my big day. As we finished our breakfast, the sun came out – what a sight!

Click here for their website.

After breakfast, we packed our bags in the shuttle van and went to the Pebble Beach driving range (about a mile from the pro-shop). It was smaller than I thought. Aside from the ranger workers, we were the only two at the range.


I felt pretty good, worked mostly on my short game shots, pulled out the driver and hit it only 5 times. Shuttle was back to get us at 7:00am – back to the pro-shop and the start of my dream round.

No comments: