Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Sunday Arrival - Spanish Bay Resort

I arrived on a flight Sunday from Dulles through San Francisco to Monterey. Was met at the baggage claim by a fellow former Pennsylvanian named Tom. As we talked, he told me that today was his last day before retirement and that I was his last passenger. He’d driven hundreds of elite golfers, business tycoons and regular Joes like me – and I was honored to be his last. Turns out he is a 1969 Penn State grad, had been a bartender at the Phyrst and was roommates with a fellow Erie native. Small world.


Stayed at the Spanish Bay resort - one of the resorts associated with Pebble Beach. Assigned a roommate from Chicago - Joe. I didn’t know I had a roommate until after I checked in and had requested a king size bed. Quickly changed that back to two queens. Decided to hit a few balls – Spanish Bay doesn’t have a range, so took the shuttle to Spyglass. In hindsight, I wish I would have hit more balls in the weeks prior to my trip. I felt pretty good at the range. Balls were going long and straight – I was in the grove and decided not to waste my hits on the range, so I only hit two buckets. Watched part of the second half of the Georgetown vs. UNC game while waiting for the return shuttle.


Click here for more pictures of Spanish Bay Resort. On the main picture, click VIEW GALLERY on the right hand side.


No comments: